Curly Community Garden
Curly Community Compost is once again open to the general public. However, due to COVID 19, we are asking that all participants please wash their hands before AND after emptying their buckets. Soap is provided at the sink located at the Council's shed, which is adjacent to the garden. Thanks for your participation and cooperation.
Curly Community Compost
Composting is a great way to turn your fruit & veg scraps into rich soil matter.
If you don't have your own compost bin or worm farm, why not participate in the garden's Curly Community Compost program? You'll be helping the garden while reducing the amount of waste being sent to landfill.
To participate in the program, drop by the garden during one of our working bees, Saturdays 9-11am or Wednesdays 3-5pm, to pick up a bucket and undergo a brief orientation.
To ensure the health of our compost, participants are kindly asked to:
- Fill their bucket with FRUIT & VEG scraps only
- Empty their filled bucket into one of the FEED ME compost bins at the garden, following the instructions on the lid.
- Wash their own bucket (at the garden or at home), bring it home and fill it again!
- NO rice, pasta, bread, dairy, meat....
- NO plastic, stickers, elastics....
- NO large fruit pits, corn cobs...
- NO compostable non-food items, including compostable bags, coffee pods and take-away containers
- Cut up big pieces
If you want more information or are interested in participating but unable to drop by during a working bee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.